I‘ve got (Redi)Beets on the Brain
With the upcoming launch of Red Rush, I’ve been thinking a lot about beets lately. Plus, I’ve been sick as a dog, my nasal passages have been swollen, making breathing a little difficult. I’ve been drinking Redibeets because the nitrates to nitric oxide reaction is good for circulation. I figured, if I can’t draw as much air in, I might as well utilize what little air I’m getting. The amoxicillin my doctor prescribed has been the most effective weapon though.
Because I’ve been ill, I decided to treat myself to one of my favorite activities that I can do at work and still get paid for–Internet mining. I kicked around the web and looked for RediBeet recipes. I found three and one half, just barely earning my paycheck. Enjoy!
1. Carapple Juice (Being in marketing, not a name I would have chose. Say it fast and try not to giggle.) [Apparrot juice is also a terrible name.]
- 4-6 carrots
- 2 apples
- add a zing of Redibeets and blend
2. RediBeets Frosting
This one comes to us from A Better Way to Health
- 3/4 cups of confectioners glaze
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 tsp of RediBeets
- 2 1/4 tsp soy milk or milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Cream ingredients in mixing bowl with medium speed mixer.
- Spoon into a pastry bag and use for decorating cookies.
3. Loaded Banana Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter,
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal,
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats,
- 1 teaspoon soda,
- 3/4 teaspoon salt,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon,
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg,
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves,
- 1-2 cups dried fruit ( raisins and chopped prunes),
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1-1&1/2 cups chocolate chips ( carob chips)
- 1 tablespoon Just Carrots,
- 1 tablespoon BarleyLife,
- 1-1&1/2 teaspoons RediBeets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar well
- Add egg and beat till fluffy.
- Beat in mashed banana.
- add the Just Carrots and beat well.
- Then add the BarleyLife and beat well.
- Then RediBeets and beat well.
- Whisk together dry ingredients and add to butter mixture in two additions.
- Stir in fruits, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- 2 servings of RediBeets
- ½ cup beet greens
- ½ cucumber
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 2 large sprigs of basil or 1 sprig of mint
- ¼ of a medium cantaloupe, rind removed
- ½ cup watermelon, rind removed